Basic PPICS Data Entry Modules
Data entry modules are completed by both grantee- and state-level users of PPICS. These are described below.
Grantee User Data-Entry Modules
Grantee-User modules are typically completed by 21st CCLC grant recipients. The grant-level modules are seen by grant- and state-level users of PPICS.
Grantee Profile Module
The Grantee Profile contains the proposed attributes of a new program or the attributes of a current program. A Grantee Profile must be completed for each 21st CCLC grant awarded.
The Grantee Profile has four basic sections:
- Basic Information: The grantee's contact name and address.
- Objectives: What the grantee intends to accomplish through the program.
- Partners: The grantee must describe their role and expected contributions.
- Centers: The sites where the program will exist. This section has three parts: the Center Information, Prior Information, and Feeder Schools.
The information provided in completing the Grantee Profile serves to support federal efforts to obtain a complete, updated picture of the full domain of 21st CCLC grantees and the characteristics of their programs. Data entered into the Grantee Profile are used to pre-populate certain sections of the APR module of PPICS.
Annual Performance Report (APR) Module
Each year, an Annual Performance Report (APR) must be completed for each 21st CCLC grant that was active (serving students) during the span of the reporting period.
The purpose of the APR is to: collect data from 21st CCLC grantees on progress made during the preceding year toward meeting their project objectives; collect data on what elements characterized center operation during the reporting period, including the student and adult populations served; and collect data that address the GPRA performance indicators for the 21st CCLC program.
In order for a grantee's APR to be complete, up to three primary categories of information need to be supplied:
- Objectives: The extent to which the grantees accomplished what they intended to with 21st CCLC funds.
- Partners: What entities contributed to the program during the reporting period and the nature of their contribution.
- Centers: Center location, hours of operation, activities provided, population served, and impact data.
State User Data-Entry Modules
State-User modules are seen by state-level users of PPICS, and not by grant-level users. State-level 21st CCLC coordinators are required to complete these modules.
The Competition Overview collects basic descriptive information from states about the outcomes of state-level grant competitions—the number of applicants for each competition, the number of grants awarded, the amounts given out, and so on. Information about each state's performance indicators and program priorities is also collected.
Completed by state users of PPICS each year, the purpose of the State Activities module is to collect data on how a State Educational Agency (SEA) used its prior fiscal year's 2 percent administrative allocation and 3 percent training and/or evaluation allocation to support the 21st CCLC program in its state. Particular attention is given to collecting information about he types of services, training, and technical assistance purchased and supported by these funds.